[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21483: Refactor Customizer Upload, Image, and Background Image controls to leverage the media library/modal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 3 20:40:36 UTC 2014

#21483: Refactor Customizer Upload, Image, and Background Image controls to
leverage the media library/modal
 Reporter:  jjonesftw                            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  feedback ui-feedback ux-feedback               |  javascript

Comment (by ocean90):

 * Can we use the constructor to set up `$button_labels`?
 * Button labels for background images should include "image" not "file"
 * `wp.customize.ImageControl ` needs to stay for BC. Why does it need to
 be removed? On PHP side we still have `WP_Customize_Image_Control extends
 WP_Customize_Upload_Control`. I think it's OK to have ImageControl to just
 handle images.
 * src/wp-admin/js/customize-controls.js:894 has a missing semicolon
 * Can we have a "No image set" hint for the background control too?
 * Drag&Drop: Let the whole control be a dropzone, that would be awesome.
 After the drop the frame should open for upload status and error reporting

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21483#comment:37>