[wp-testers] bug with post-formats in latest nightly (3.1-RC2)

Rich Pedley elfin at elfden.co.uk
Sun Jan 2 13:41:24 UTC 2011

If you add theme support for an unknown post-format it appears on the
edit screen, but with a blank label. As extra ones were not supposed
to be allowed then surely this is a mistake.

So if I test with the following:

add_theme_support( 'post-formats', array( 'aside', 'gallery','bug' ) );

I actually see, 4 radio buttons and 3 labels: Standard, Aside,
Gallery. the 4th label markup is there, but with no visible text.

Adding in a check to see if get_post_format_string( $format ) isn't
blank would fix this, but that seems an awkward solution.

So I'm guessing that a check needs to be done after line 245 of
meta-boxes.php
$post_formats = get_theme_support( 'post-formats' );

to check the array against the allowed get_post_format_strings.

Rich