[wp-testers] Custom post type disappears when a post is un-published

Stephen Hammer sh.hoboy at gmail.com
Thu May 27 21:06:26 UTC 2010

More info, perhaps relevant, perhaps not:

--I get the same behavior on another site on a different server--changing the status using the Quick Edit menu trashes the custom post_type and sets it to generic post instead

--in the DB I DON'T get two autodraft entries, just a single one plus however many revisions I have made.

--On both sites I am using Custom Post Type UI and also Custom Field Template 1.6.5, which otherwise seem to play nicely together

--***Both sites were UPGRADED from 2.9.2, not clean installs, on a clean install I don't get the problem either.***

Want to try this on an upgraded site?  I'm wondering if the autodraft thing is a new feature put in 3.0 to support custom types, and it somehow isn't getting altered when you are coming from an earlier version.

Steve