[wp-testers] Custom post type disappears when a post is un-published

Michael E. Hancock justmichaelh at gmail.com
Thu May 27 18:43:25 UTC 2010

Installed a fresh copy of 3.0beta2, installed Custom Post Type UI 0.5.2,
created a post type of artists exactly like yours, and tried many variations
of creating an artist, making it draft, changing to published, and could not
duplicate your problem, using both Edit and Quick Edit.

Again using default permalinks, no plugins, with standard TwentyTen theme.

Not sure how the observation from Frumph impacts though I've got the same
setting for rewrite as you (set by the plugin Custom Post Type UI 0.5.2.

Wonder if the auto-draft thing is part of this problem?  I got two
auto-drafts saved for the artists post.  One had a post_type of post and one
had a post_type of artists, but it did NOT cause me any problem.

Note: You should not need to put any code in your theme's functions.php if
you are using the plugin to create the post type.

MichaelH