[wp-testers] custom post type permalinks

Greg M Boone boone.greg at gmail.com
Mon May 17 13:20:18 UTC 2010

Greetings,
I've been reading almost everything I can find on creating custom post types, and wondering how to configure a custom post type so that it will match the same permalink structure specified in the wordpress settings. In the functions.php for
'rewrite' => true, generates: /post_type/post-title structure
'rewrite' => false, generates: /?podcast=post-title
using array ('slug'...) would just generate a custom slug before the post title, and array ('with_front') doesn't seem to do anything since I don't have a prefixed structure.

My custom structure specified is /%year%/%postname%/ does anyone know how to get a custom post type to follow this rule?
--
Greg