[wp-testers] dashboard toggle to view site; handling categories with same name in menu; Appearance Menu structure; warning message: extended families discouraged (categories)?

Christine Evron christine at tstone.biz
Mon May 10 19:01:34 UTC 2010

3.0-beta2-14526 - restarted my test blog from scratch using this build

Dashboard missing toggle to view site?
	Am I missing it or was it inadvertently dropped? (It seemed to move to
login screen which I definitely find helpful when I get distracted & can't
remember which site I was logging on to update, but it's more of an issue
going easily to site from dashboard.)

Adding categories for use in menus
	I have two identical sub menus, clocks - one is under works of art, one in
Faberge
	When setting up in categories I assign different slugs (clocks;
faberge_clocks)
	When I go to use in menus I can't tell which is which.
	Can you show slug near title attribute field in dropdown box?

Appearance

Background/Header image menu choice
	Shouldn't this be under theme editor?

	I don't want my menu structure & widgets knocked out when I change themes
(they're not) but I would expect background & header image to be handled by
new theme.

Minor Category Snuffle

error when Publishing a post after adding categories -

Warning: fopen(http://localhost/wordpress/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron)
[function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! in
C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-includes\class-http.php on line 1045
Occurred when adding categories from within new post screen:
Addition of parent & child of that parent - fine
Add second parent - fine
when I add children to second parent - I start getting the children showing
as parent level & then showing in multiple spots as I add more children. (is
this dysfunction a subtle social commentary?)

When I exit out & return all seems good

Thanks - I really like the new features.
Regards,
Christine