[wp-testers] Wordpress 3.0 Beta 2 - Permalinks forced index.php

Scott Evans scottsweb at gmail.com
Fri May 7 22:56:09 UTC 2010

The sites that are working are all 2.9.x. The server details are:

PHP Version 5.2.12
MySQL 5.1.43
Linux
Modules:

ore mod_authn_file mod_authn_default mod_authz_host
mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_user mod_authz_default mod_auth_basic
mod_include mod_filter mod_deflate mod_log_config mod_logio mod_env
mod_headers mod_unique_id mod_setenvif mod_version mod_proxy
mod_proxy_connect mod_proxy_ftp mod_proxy_http mod_proxy_scgi
mod_proxy_ajp mod_proxy_balancer mod_ssl prefork http_core mod_mime
mod_dav mod_status mod_autoindex mod_asis mod_suexec mod_cgi
mod_dav_fs mod_dav_lock mod_negotiation mod_dir mod_actions
mod_userdir mod_alias mod_rewrite mod_so mod_security2 mod_php5

Adding: add_filter('got_rewrite', '__return_true');

Allows me to edit the index.php and remove it in permalink settings
and it has interestingly changed the error colour in "tools->network"
from red to yellow. The error remains but I am confident it will work
regardless (will test soon).

I would imagine my host setup is fairly standard. I have been unable
to confirm fastcgi so far - I will also look into this.

Many thanks

Scott