[wp-testers] Wordpress 3.0 Beta 2 - Permalinks forced index.php

Scott Evans scottsweb at gmail.com
Fri May 7 22:31:28 UTC 2010

Hi All
My first post here so please let me know if you need anything more. I
have downloaded the Beta 2 and been testing some of the features. When
trying to setup permalinks in this version it is forcing me to have
index.php prefix the URL:

/index.php/%category%/%postname%/

I am using this on the same server where I have permalinks working
correctly without index.php. I believe this has something to do with
an error I am seeing when testing the MU features in 3.0 too. When
visiting the "tools->network" page, I see this message:

"Warning! It looks like the Apache mod_rewrite module is not installed.

If mod_rewrite is disabled, ask your administrator to enable that
module, or look at the Apache documentation or elsewhere for help
setting it up."

I believe WordPress is incorrectly detecting my server setup.
mod_rewrite is enabled and working on all my other sites on the same
server.

Would be interested to see if there are any tips for testing/fixingthis.

Scott