[wp-testers] **OT** Variable definitions in functions.php

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Mar 22 10:16:25 UTC 2010

Your best bet would be to use a function call.

Ie.

if ( my_theme_option('Something') ) {
//Do something
}

in functions.php:

function my_theme_option($option) {
$options = get_option('my_theme_options');

return isset($options[$option]) ? $options[$option] : false;
}

Do not be afraid of multiple calls to get_option, the overhead is small.

Also, You shouldnt be doing any form of serialization yourself, the
options API will take care of storing the array/object. (Not sure if you
are doing that or not)