[wp-testers] **OT** Variable definitions in functions.php

Paul Robinson pablorobinson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 11:11:20 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I know I probably shouldn't post this here, but I tried on the forum &
although I got an answer to my original question, no one seems to want to
help with the problem it's caused.

I'm developing a theme in 3.0 & being newish a theme dev have only just
realized that variables defined in functions.php cannot be accessed in all
template files like functions can. I store the options for my theme in as a
serialized array in the options db & want to make all the options available
to the entire theme easily. Has anyone done this or know of an easy way to
do it? Or is the only way to define it in funcitons.php and keep globalizing
the variable at the top of each theme file?

Again sorry for this being off topic, but no one in the forum seems to be
able to help.

Paul.