[wp-testers] WP_ENABLE_MULTISITE is now WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE

Tris Hussey tris at trishussey.com
Tue Mar 9 21:10:04 UTC 2010

Right, I was able to enable Network, and start the process, but after ending
my wp-config and .htaccess I hit the port error. I bet if MAMP were running
under port 80 it would have worked just fine. Regular WP 3 was working fine
under localhost:8888.

Tris

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote:

> You can also now run multisite on "localhost" (subdirectory installs only),
> which should provide for more testing to occur.
>
> We should probably check for port numbers during Tools > Network. You
> didn't
> get that error until after install, right?
>
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Tris Hussey <tris at trishussey.com> wrote:
>
> > I gave it a quick test on my MAMP install and worked fine (well, swapping
> > ":" for ";" of course) to bring up the Network option.
> >
> > I noticed that the default was for subdomains instead of subdirectories
> (I
> > think that was the default a build or two ago). I don't think it really
> > matters, since folks getting into this should be smarter than your
> average
> > bears anyway.
> >
> > Since I was testing locally, I don't know if they actual multi-site
> worked
> > since MAMP runs on port 8888 and multisite doesn't work with port numbers
> > (or so the error told me).
> >
> > Tris
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > WP_ENABLE_MULTISITE is now WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE. This is the constant
> > > that turns on the Tools > Network menu. I think the new name will
> > > minimize confusion with its purpose, as it doesnt actually enable
> > > multisite itself, it just allows the Tools > Network install process
> > > to occur.
> > >
> > > So:
> > > define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true):
> > >
> > > The Tools > Network process has gotten a bit of a facelift in the past
> > > week, and there's also some planned changes coming up. All could use
> > > some testing and feedback.
> > >
> > > Thanks testers!
> > > Nacin

Tris Hussey
Writer | Teacher | Photographer | Internet Rogue
cell: 604-319-6765 -- Skype: tris.hussey
http://www.trishussey.com/