[wp-testers] WP 3 test blogs sub-dir and subdomain tests. DNS issues, of course

Tris Hussey tris at trishussey.com
Sun Mar 7 21:46:25 UTC 2010

True to all the suggestions in WPMU docs, setting up blog networks with
blogs as subdirectories is easier than subdomains...I have a couple tests
running and the subdir tests seem to  be working just fine, but the one I
set up with subdomains isn't doing so well.

I attacked my subdomain setup with the idea of how would someone just
blithely step into it, and what snags would they hit.  I want to tick off
what I can check and do to fix a subdomain install. Here's the site:
http://blogohone.nettest.techplanations.com/ which should give a DNS error
for you.

I'm thinking that there is a wee gap between what I want WP3 to do and
DreamHost getting the DNS to work. Suggestions on where I should start?
Something that I can check and edit to get this working?

Thanks in advance.

Tris

--
Tris Hussey
Writer | Teacher | Photographer | Internet Rogue