[wp-testers] WP 3 test blogs sub-dir and subdomain tests. DNS issues, of course

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Sun Mar 7 21:55:30 UTC 2010

You'll need to configure a virtual host and wildcard DNS, such that anything
*.nettest.techplantations.com. will point to the same place. Alternatively,
you can manually configure DNS records for reach subdomain, which is
prohibitive in a multi-user environment, but probably workable in a
multi-blog situation. (WP does check if you have a wildcard DNS by trying to
access a random subdomain, but I think it's just a warning you can bypass.)

Here's a nice tutorial from Andrea R:
http://wpmututorials.com/how-to/enabling-wildcard-subdomains/.