[wp-testers] WordPress Mobile Edition

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Tue Jun 8 21:16:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 5:07 PM, alonzo fretwell <alonzofretwell at gmail.com>wrote:

> i have tried to activate WordPress Mobile Edition but got this error...
> "Plugin could not be activated because it generated 478 characters of
> unexpected output"

This is a new feature of 3.0, such that we don't allow plugins to activate
when they cause PHP warnings on activation. We ended up rolling that back a
bit, such that the activation of the plugin isn't prevented (try it in
3.0-RC2), and instead you get a big warning about it.

Plugin developers should be using WP_DEBUG to eliminate all PHP warnings and
notices from their plugins, particularly during the activation process
(during which time your plugin is not being included in global scope).

That said, the array_merge() warning has nothing to do with WP 3.0, but
rather a change in how array_merge works in PHP5 --
http://php.net/array_merge.