[wp-testers] comments_popup_link not working when comments disabled?

Bruce Wampler brucewampler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 22:08:29 UTC 2010

I'm using (actually, so does Twenty Ten) comments_popup_link to show an
"add a comment" link to a post

According to
http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/comments_popup_link, it will
handle comments disabled:

"Text to display when comments are disabled. Defaults to 'Comments Off'. "

Currently using Twenty Ten or my modified child theme, this doesn't work
- it always displays the "Leave a comment" label for disabled comments.

comments_open() works, but according to the docs, one shouldn't need
that when using comments_popup_link.

--
Bruce Wampler, Ph.D.

Software developer
Creator of first spelling checker for a PC
Creator of Grammatik(tm), first true grammar checker
e-mail: bw at brucewampler.com
blog: brucewampler.wordpress.com