[wp-testers] WordPress 3.0: problem with empty excerpts being returned by the_excerpt()

Darren Di Lieto d at rren.cc
Sun Jul 11 19:07:03 UTC 2010

I had the same problem and thought it was a plugin. I disabled all my
plugins and nothing worked. So tried a clean install and still had the
same problem.

I gave up trying to fix it, as no one else seem to have the problem on
the forums. So I worked around it with...

<?php $excerpt = strip_tags(get_the_content());
if((strlen($excerpt) > 55)) {  echo substr($excerpt,0,55); ?>...
<?php } else { echo $excerpt; } ?>

Let me know if anyone wants anymore details.

Darren