[wp-testers] WordPress 3.0: problem with empty excerpts beingreturned by the_excerpt()

Administrator rontekadmin at hawaiisportsrap.com
Sun Jul 11 19:18:19 UTC 2010

Just a thought...it sounds like the except display function is detecting
some remnant of the excerpt or more likely that when a variable was set for
excerpt display that the variable doesn't get reset when you delete the
excerpt.

May I suggest to lock down where that is for the code junkies that you
create a new post, create an except and save to draft.  Edit and remove the
excerpt then publish.  If a blank excerpt box comes up then the variable
must not be getting reset in the posting functions.  Darren just sent you
some code that may "fix" the problem"  Looks like the code says if the
string length of the excerpt is 55 or less then don't display.  Anyway,
hoped this helped.