[wp-testers] Automating Network Install

Matt Martz matt at sivel.net
Thu Apr 8 20:33:08 UTC 2010

> I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but is there any reason that it needs
> to be hard to install?

Not really sure it is hard at all.  I just installed WP in
multisite/network, which included creating DNS entries, creating a
mysql database and setting up a mysql user, creating a vhost in
apache, creating the document root, download and unzipping WP,
installing WP, adding WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE, enabling Network, modifying
wp-config.php, creating a .htaccess, and creating a second site in 2
minutes and 39 seconds...That is still faster than the claimed "Famous
5 Minute Install"

--
Matt Martz
matt at sivel.net