[wp-testers] Tags and Labels with the same name

Dave Jones dave at technicacreative.co.uk
Fri Nov 6 20:44:23 UTC 2009

This is by design although I couldn't say exactly why it was decided
to implement it quite like this.

Tag and categories (in fact all taxonomies, as you can create your
own) share a single list of terms, so a 'category' of Security and
'tag' of Security both have links to the 'term' Security. The 'slug'
is the unique factor - i.e. each term must have a different slug.

So if you want to create two 'Security' terms just give them different
slugs (e.g. security and security-related).

Best regards

Dave Jones
Technica Creative
mobile: 07772 734328