[wp-testers] Absolute URLs hard-coded on database

ProDevStudio prodevstudio at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 17:26:49 GMT 2009

Hi All,

Things are done for a reason, but we have a problem at the moment, one that
I also think should be simplified is when going from dev -> test -> live
cycle.

I believe because of  WYSIWYG Editor need to display the images it needs to
have the absolute URL. one suggestion that I can think of would be to use
HTML <base> TAG that point to install URL and then all the links inside the
WYSIWYG Editor on the page can be relative to the <base> and images should
show as normal.

I wonder if the wordpress export and import resolve this issue.?? -- worth a
try!!

Regards,

Azizur Rahman
ProDevStudio

Do you need cost effective web hosting solution and Domain name try
http://www.prodevstudio.net

Do you need a new web site try http://www.cgandc.net

Missed the last Friday Khutbah, try catchup a Khutbah on-line now at
http://www.fridaykhutbah.com