[wp-testers] Auto upgrade to 2.8 not working?

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 19:12:40 GMT 2009

Is anyone else having a problem with the WP auto upgrade
stopping at "Downloading update from
http://wordpress.org/wordpress-2.8.zip"?

I don't have any problem updating manually but I always like
to check out the auto upgrade function to any new version.
I've never encountered a problem before but this time it stops
at the above notification with the browser reporting it's
"Done" loading the page (where it only reports "Done" once the
upgrade is complete). Nothing is downloaded and nothing is in
the "Upgrade" directory online.

Possible server problem? It's also possible that I'm running
the latest version of Firefox on Ubuntu 9.0.4 but I doubt it.