[wp-testers] RE: wp-testers Digest, Vol 43, Issue 7

Shelly wordpress at anekostudios.com
Thu Sep 11 17:05:06 GMT 2008

Okay,

just thought I'd give a quick little update.

I don't know if you've ever heard of "Project Pier", but it's a PHP-
based application that's kind of like a freebie version of
"Basecamp".  it's similar to WordPress in how you install it - but
instead of editing the wp-config.php file, you do a more "ZenCart"
like thing and just enter the connection stuff into a little form, and
it takes over and does everything else for you.

it wouldn't do it.  As with my WP issues, I would enter in the
information into the forms and "submit", and it would simply return me
to the index page of the installation, as if it were the most normal
thing in the world.  No error messages, nothing.

However, there is also a new error message showing up in the cPanel
sidebar for the site:

/hopsql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory Is the
server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket
"/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"? me/sitename

("sitename" at the end is my edit, BTW).

I have no clue what that means.

But the host is now contacting the cPanel people to see if they know
anything, and if they don't, he's rebuilding the server in hopes of
fixing this.  In the meantime, I'm finishing up my backup of the files
on the server (database is done :)  thanks for the reminder!) - and I
think it's pretty clear that it is a server issue due to the failure
of the other non-WP program.

If you all are interested, I will let you know how it turns out and
what the problem was (and hopefully we get a solution!).  I'm also
planning to report this on my thread in the support forums, in case
anyone else has the issue - maybe all of this will help them get it
cleared up too :)

Thanks a bunch for hanging out with me and helping me get this sorted :)

~Shelly