[wp-testers] RE: wp-testers Digest, Vol 43, Issue 7

Shelly wordpress at anekostudios.com
Thu Sep 11 16:12:39 GMT 2008

 >>You say the guy you're helping "broke it in the first place"?
Stupid question here but does he have any idea what he was doing when
he " broke it"?<<

Well, he broke the site a looong time ago (about 6 months ago) and it
was on a totally different server.  I've been helping him by cleaning
up what he did (it was mostly theme stuff he was messing with, and it
didn't help when he started using MSWord to put in his content into
the VRE), and then I did a clean install on a totally new server and
brought in his content for him by hand.  He hasn't touched it since
it's been on this server.  I've been working directly form the back-
end for the last 5 or 6 months with no problem.

 >>Otherwise, let the host rebuild the entire server then (after you
download a full DB backup of course) and see what goes after that. Now
I'm hooked on this problem as well. I'll post here if I find out
anything worthwhile.<<

Thanks for that :)

I *am* leaning towards the fact that it's a server problem - but the
thing that's weird is no one has messed with the server in a while.
Thats' why it's totally flooring him, as well.  I'm going to try an
install another database application (non-WordPress) to see if that
has the same issues.  He also has a "1-click" installation available -
I'm going to try that too and see what happens with that.  I figure if
the non-WP program *doesn't* have any issues, then it may not be the
server that's completely at fault.  But we'll see what happens.

but as for reproducing the issue, I know what you mean.  I have a MAMP
installation, as well as several blogs of my own on different servers
(as well as paying clients who are running differenet versions of
WordPress) and I can't reproduce it on any of those as well (which is
why I tend to believe it probably *is* a server issue - since it only
seems to be happening on this one).

Again, you all, thanks so much for sticking with me on this.

~Shelly