[wp-testers] RE: wp-testers Digest, Vol 43, Issue 7

Shelly wordpress at anekostudios.com
Thu Sep 11 13:47:05 GMT 2008

 >>That sounds like a JavaScript error.  Go into your user profile and
turn off the Rich-Text editor, and see what that does.  Not quite a
fix if you need that, but it might point you in the right direction.<<

Well, I can't :)

I can't edit anything that's already created - users qualify on this.
I can't reset my password, nor change any of my user settings.  *But*
- I also NEVER use the VRE.  I hate that thing.  It's the first thing
I do when I install WordPress is turn it off.  but I went through the
database and changed all the users (because the person I'm doing this
for *does* like it, and - God help me if this was the fix, I'd be
saved because he LOVES using a combo of MSWord and the VRE to write
his posts, no matter how many times I tell him to stop - if he breaks
the layout one more time I *will* fly to CA and take a sledgehammer to
his computer) so that they can't use it either - and no-go.

Someone suggested I try another browser and/or computer.  Which  I did
- I usually work from my Mac, but I went and tried it on my PC - same
thing happens.  They also suggested I check mod_security (which I know
is installed, at least, because pretty permalinks work - but disabling
them has no effect), but I'm going to have the host check on that as
well.

Thanks for your help all, I really appreciate it.

~Shelly