[wp-testers] Category editing STILL broken

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Sat Nov 15 16:54:26 GMT 2008

Pat,

May I respectfully make a suggestion for the future, in regards to:

>>From here on out. if i run across something like this, I'll just mention it.
> Least I get another flamming e-mail from someone again... try to help and
> get bitched at....

Next time when you report an issue and get "We can't reproduce it"
(along with the usual suggestions to shut off all plugins), you might
get a more helpful response if you can search for other factors and
give more information, like "it only happens with this particular
category, I can edit others". We didn't hear that until this latest
batch of messages, when you wrote back to say "Hey, no one has done
anything yet!!!". It would have helped us zero in on the problem
earlier (which in this case wasn't "I can't edit any categories", but
"I can't edit categories if their slugs match tags").

Just a thought... Your testing efforts *are* appreciated, and I hope
that most members of the WP community were polite in responding to
your query. Please don't just give up!

Regards,
    Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
PHP, Perl, MySQL, JavaScript, XML, AJAX