[wp-testers] Re: Category editing STILL broken

Elpie Lynne.Pope at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 11:48:10 GMT 2008

On Nov 15, 7:34 pm, "Paleo Pat" <tpblogedi... at gmail.com> wrote:

> What makes it difficult to fix is that others can't reproduce the problem

I've experienced this from at least Beta 2 9571 - 9705, however it is
occurring intermittently. Since I am using an upgraded database I
wondered whether there was something wrong in the database (it had
been steadily updated for years).

I did a dump of the data only, no structure, and imported this into a
new database but still had the problem. So, I deleted all categories
in my 2.6.3 version of the database, which reset everything to
uncategorised, did the upgrade and tried again.

After setting up some new categories and editing posts so that all
categories were being used I then tested by trying to edit categories.
Some got the "category not saved" error but were in fact saved. Some
got the error and were not saved. Most got no errors at all.

Sorry, but I have done a heap of testing on this now and cannot work
out any common denominator. The error appears to be random.
Interestingly though, my database has term_taxinomy_id and term_id
matching for most of the categories (as one would expect with new
categories) but two rows have very different id's. I have 1-3, 6,
10-12, with all id's matching. Then I have term_taxinomy_id 65 with
term_id 8, and term_taxinomy_id 66 with term_id 41. No idea why the
mismatch but I cannot edit either of these categories with build 9705.

This doesn't make much sense to me but may help someone isolate the
problem. Pat isn't going nuts (or if he is then there are two of us!)