[wp-testers] Re: Category editing STILL broken

mrmist listswptesters at mist.org.uk
Sat Nov 15 13:39:04 GMT 2008

In message
<260fef3e-0c45-4e88-bbab-d6e638bfa144 at o4g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,
Elpie <Lynne.Pope at gmail.com> writes
>On Nov 16, 1:08 am, mrmist <listswptest... at mist.org.uk> wrote:
>> I can finally reproduce this error by attempting to change a category
>> slug to the same slug as a tag slug.
>>
>> Is that happening in your cases?
>
>Yes, and its also happening where a tag previously used the name and
>slug but which has been deleted.
>I don't seem to have any problem changing tags, even where these are
>using the same slugs as categories. But, try deleting a tag, then edit
>a category to use the same name and slug as the deleted tag. The error
>occurs again.

I can't reproduce that.  The "category not updated" message is only
appearing if changing a slug to that of an actual, existing, tag.
Deleted tags (even after being assigned to posts), I can re-use with no
problem.

The really odd bit is that it's willing to let me add a new tag with the
same slug as a category, and at that point the two seem to merge into
one unit. But you can't modify an existing one to be the same.

I think it needs looking at as a bug.  I'll raise one now.
--
mrmist