[wp-testers] wp-images folder deleted by update-core.php

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Mon Nov 10 09:48:11 GMT 2008

Ouch! And there I was thinking of switching my regular,
/wp-images/-using blog to 2.7... Good thing I read this ML.

Humm, yeah, it sure is a good that that the automatic upgrade deletes
old directories, but I think it should consider /wp-images as off
limits. I might not be the only one to have 4 years worth of uploads
in /wp-images/uploads/.

Question: does it get overly creative and delete other non-standards
directories, such as /sounds? I'm guessing not, but hey, these days
you can't be sure of anything :)

-x.

--
Xavier Borderie