[wp-testers] 2.7 is slow?!?

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 14:22:33 GMT 2008

Stas,

It sounds like you have a plugin or two that may not be compatible with
2.7. The standard procedure here is to make sure all your plugins are
updated and then deactivate them all and check your site's performance.
Then activate them one by one until you find the one that slows your
site down. There may be a combination of two or more that may cause the
slowdown as well so take your time in this, you may have to try
different combination's of plugins to find the problem.

If that fails then switch to the Default theme temporarily and see if
that helps. If you're using an old theme that hasn't been updated for
awhile then that could cause problems also.

Last but not least, if you're host has you running on PHP4 (it's dead
and gone and was full of problems) then it's time to check with your
host and switch to PHP5. There's no acceptable reason why they shouldn't
have it available.

Just a few suggestions.