[wp-testers] Post Revisions

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Fri May 23 08:24:35 GMT 2008

On Thu, 22 May 2008 15:46:30 -0700, in internal.wp.tester you wrote:

>The post/page revisions feature is more or less feature complete now.
>
>Can people poke at it and see what bugs/inconsistencies there are?
>How does the UI feel?  What's missing?  What shouldn't be there?  That
>sort of thing.

WOrks nice, and i like the function but... others pointed out about DB
usage and overhead introduced by this ne function.

I know mMatta is against options.. but this function should have some

A) Global switch to use this function or not
B) Numbers of revision to mantain for a post/page, more usefull for
pages, I hink there is no needs to keep tons of version maybe really
outdated
C) In revision panel in post/page write screen would be nice having a
control to delete a revision, so I can keep large revision and delete
small ones maybe generated just for typos correction.
D) Clean up button to remove revisions older than XX days or to delete
the XX+n revisions of a post (see poin B)

A and C i think shoould be mandatory, B and D not so necessary but
nice if there.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it