[wp-testers] Post Revisions

spencerp theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Fri May 23 00:36:44 GMT 2008

Kirk M wrote:
> However, I do have to echo Will Garcia's concern about the database
> and how much extra pounding it might take with this new feature. Do
> you have an idea on how much extra load it might be on the DB say in
> the case of a single blogger posting 1 to 3 times a day and using
> TinyMCE exclusively?

So far, the only complaint is, I have to download my database twice in
order to get it ALL. I'm not sure why, but when I download only the WP
related database tables, some where along the lines... it cuts off in
the middle or near end ... I view the sql file in NotePad 2 and notice
that it cuts off in the middle of an insert line, and it's not even near
the end of the total download.

I have to refresh the export page, and select only the tables it had
left off at last time... then re-attempt download again. The first
partial download of the database is at 2,000 KB and the rest is about
the same in size. I'm not sure why it's doing this to me... but it
pisses me off. I don't think it's Post Revision's fault though...
However, Post Revision sure does tack on more to download then before...
But, it is an awesome feature though! :)