[wp-testers] Uploading images - htaccess fix

Philip Barron delcyphr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 19:35:52 GMT 2008

Andy wrote:

>Brent and I worked on this offline and found a winning combination. It
>has been added to WordPress for the benefit of all.

>http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/7558

Works flawlessly for me on FF for Windows.
Upload succeeds on FF for Mac with the "Specified file failed upload test"
message.
Succeeds on IE 6 with the above message.
Succeeds on Safari 3 with the above message.

Strange stuff going on with Opera 9.26 for Windows and for Mac, though. File
"fails upload test" and does not appear in the post, but it does
appear in the media library, which says the file is associated with the
given post...except that it's not, really, because it doesn't show up
in the post at all.

But Opera accounts for...what, 1.5% of the browsers out there? And that's
on a good day. :-D

thanks,
phil