[wp-testers] Beta-mania reigns!

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 20:03:51 GMT 2008

There's a problem with this release. The problem is as follows:

WordPress 2.5 is being tested at the same time as Firefox 3 beta's
(which can either be 3, 4 and soon 5) and IE 8.0 beta (with IE 7.0
emulate mode no less) are out on the street plus Safari 3.1 which has
just recently been released. Safari 3.1 runs on OSX and Windows
XP/Vista, Firefox 3 beta's and nightly builds (oh, did I happen to
mention the nightlies?) run on OSX, Windows XP/Vista and Linux. Early
adoption of Firefox 3 has been rather *huge* since beta 3 and there are
a fairly significant number if users (like me) who are running the
nightly builds. Never mind things like Seamonkey, Flock, Konqueror,
K-melon, ad-browser-infinitum.

This is a developers nightmare. If there's a problem with DB importing
from 2.3 to 2.5 that's one thing otherwise I suggest forget trying to
fix "every-little-thing" and push this baby out. There's always 2.5.1,
2.5.2, etc. (absolutely no sarcasm intended).

After all the above mentioned "beta- browsers" are out in their final
form /then/ you can think about accommodating them. It's a wonder
somebody hasn't mentioned XP SP3 RC2 (with or without "refresh").

What do ya' think? [grin]