[wp-testers] WP 2.6 beta-1 feeback

Nick Bohle mail at nickbohle.de
Sat Jun 28 17:12:05 GMT 2008

Hi Kirk!

I am using Simple Tags 1.5.3.

When I upgraded to WordPress 2.6 beta-1, all my back-end pages included the
yellow notice bar:

"Simple Tags can't work with this WordPress version! You must use Simple
Tagging Plugin for it to work."

And besides, the related posts function on my single.php also did not
work...

But I fixed the problem by changing the following code inside the
simple-tags.php (line 35):

global $wp_version;
if ( strpos($wp_version, '2.5') !== false ) {

global $wp_version;
if ( strpos($wp_version, '2.6') !== false ) {

I am still having problems with changing the image navigation thumbs to text
links (mentioned below). Could anyone give me a hint about this?

Cheers
Nick