[wp-testers] Widget CP comments

Paul Gregory paul at gregory.net
Fri Jan 11 08:57:49 GMT 2008

Sorry, the new process may have more steps but that doesn't mean it's less
intuitive.

You want "to remove a widget from Sidebar 1 and add it to Sidebar 2", so
you.. er... remove it from Sidebar 1 and add it to Sidebar 2. It doesn't
sound particularly crazy to me. Frankly, I can't imagine that moving widgets
from one sidebar to another is so regular an occurrence that it warrants
anything more technically complicated. It's more important that the non-drag
method is there (for people/browsers that can't drag) than a drag method.
The lack of drag is a mild annoyance, I'll grant you, but "sloppy" and "not
very intuitive"? No. I just don't think it's that big a deal.

PS Hi everyone.

Paul Gregory