[wp-testers] Strict standards Warnings all over the Place

Tom Klingenberg tklingenberg at lastflood.net
Mon Feb 11 10:28:27 GMT 2008

Disabling is no problem for me, maybe as an improvement wordpress could
increase it's out of the box compability with php 5 hosts as well with
this little function added:

/**
  * error_reporting_unstrict
  *
  * Disable Strict Errors if applicable because wordpress
  * is not php 5 strict compatible.
  */
function error_reporting_unstrict()
{
	// check if E_STRICT does already exists
	if ( defined($name = 'E_STRICT') === FALSE )
	{
		return;
	}

	/*
	 * Change Error-Reporting by only removing
	 * the E_STRICT
	 */

	// Read out current Error Reporting value
	$orig = error_reporting(0);

	// If E_STRICT is set, unset it in the bitmask
	if ( $orig & E_STRICT )
	{
		// Unsetting E_STRICT from bitmask
		$changed = ($orig ^ E_STRICT);

		// Set the changed Bitmask
		error_reporting($changed);
	}
}

// Disable Strict Errors //
error_reporting_unstrict();

right now I place it ontop of wp-config.php but I need to do it by hand
and after each configuration. I dunno if there is already a compat layer
in wordpress for higher version, I only saw one include file for lower
versions and missing php functions. so I suggest to have some kind of
auto-fixing this by default sothat a setup can run more smooth.

-- Tom