[wp-testers] Problem with automatic upgrade

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 09:26:18 GMT 2008

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 11:29:25 +1100, DD32 <wordpress at dd32.id.au> wrote:

>Could those with suexec environments which are affected by this, Give this
>patch a try?
>http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8478
>
>If it fails, Could you define the constants in your wp-config.php file to
>what they should be, and give it a try, See if that solves it for you.

I made  a WP package from today last trunk with the patch applaied and
sent it to wolly for test. He did the test without define any constant
and using:

define('FS_CHMOD_FILES','755');
define('FS_CHMOD_DIRS','755');

and both time he got the following error:

Scaricamento aggiornamento da
http://wordpress.org/nightly-builds/wordpress-latest.zip

Warning:
dir(/web/htdocs/www.micasiamocuochima.org/home/test27/wp-content/upgrade/core/)
[function.dir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied
in/web/htdocs/www.micasiamocuochima.org/home/test27/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-direct.php
on line 235

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in
/web/htdocs/www.micasiamocuochima.org/home/test27/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-direct.php
on line 236

Greetings.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it