[wp-testers] Page Ordering

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Wed Apr 30 20:39:04 GMT 2008

> On the other hand, the admin needs a better way to display tree-like
> listings, like pages and categories. If you only have 50-60 of them, the
> Manage -> Pages and Manage -> Categories work well, but what if there are
> 500-600, or several thousands?
>
> Displaying only the "top" parents and then fetching the children with AJAX
> when the parent is clicked would be a way of improving it. Storing the
> listing in the db ready for displaying would probably be another way.

Hum... well
I may try to port what I already wrote for joomla to fit wordpress
(shouldn't be too much work, but enogh to gain the full copyright again and
be able to publish it GPL'ed) and publish that as a plugin. It follows the
AJAX way - loading the parents first and then grabbing the cildren on
"expand" event. It also featured drag&drop... I think I used ext as a
framework when doing this... maybe I should rewrite it to use only jQuery
and maybe some plugins for jQuery...

But I would say this *has* to be a different page since the manage page is
allready stuffed with too much information to be viewable as a treeview - or
ist there somebody who has any ideas how to show all those information in a
treeview?