[wp-testers] Tagging the RC and betas?

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 04:41:41 GMT 2007

On 9/23/07, Christian Höltje <docwhat at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be really handy to tag the RC and/or beta branches in SVN?
>
> Especially in light of the preparing for 2.3 article that recommends
> using SVN to track the latest wordpress versions...

Interesting idea. We have only ever tagged releases, and maybe that is
a good thing, because the list of tags would really start to grow than
and the benefits aren't that great.

Maybe, we will get to a point where a release candidate had enough
testing that it will make sense to cut the branch then and some
developers could then start working on the newest trunk, but we aren't
there today ;-)

So for now there is trunk, there are released versions and released
major version branches.
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/trunk/
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/tags/
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/branches/

Cheers,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com