[wp-testers] Tagging the RC and betas?

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 04:49:39 GMT 2007

Lloyd Budd wrote:
> On 9/23/07, Christian Höltje <docwhat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It would be really handy to tag the RC and/or beta branches in SVN?
>>
>> Especially in light of the preparing for 2.3 article that recommends
>> using SVN to track the latest wordpress versions...
>>

> Interesting idea. We have only ever tagged releases, and maybe that is
> a good thing, because the list of tags would really start to grow than
> and the benefits aren't that great.
>
> Maybe, we will get to a point where a release candidate had enough
> testing that it will make sense to cut the branch then and some
> developers could then start working on the newest trunk, but we aren't
> there today ;-)
>
> So for now there is trunk, there are released versions and released
> major version branches.
> http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/trunk/
> http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/tags/
> http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/branches/
>
> Cheers,

I know this has been said before, and I probably overlooked it some
where along the line. I keep hearing of 2.4. I'm guessing once 2.3 is
released, we're not going to do "2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.3.3" or whatever type
releases correct? We're just going to go from 2.3 > 2.4 > 2.5 ? Right?
Thanks in advanced...