[wp-testers] Re: wp-testers Digest, Vol 31, Issue 40

Andrew Barnett andrew at itsonlybarney.com
Fri Sep 21 07:22:11 GMT 2007

> Chuck said:
> Just a word a warning to those thinking of using the "Selectively
> convert categories to tags" feature in Version 2.3 RC 1 If you click
> on import all. it will and ALL of your categories will disappear and
> you WILL NOT, I repeat, NOT BE ABLE to SEE them, NOR edit them with
> the Advanced Tag Entry plug in, been there, done that, tried it,
> didn't work, thank GOD I made a SQL database back up download earlier
> today, otherwise, I'd be quite the ticked off fat man, right about
> now...

Chuck, if you actually read the warnings before upgrading to WP 2.3 RC1, you
would have noticed that it says to make a backup of your database because
there is no return path. It also advises that this shouldn't be used in a
live environment until the gold version is released next Monday.

Although you are lucky you did make a back.

Cheers,
Andrew B
(http://andrewjbarnett.com)