[wp-testers] A Word of Warning! If you're importing Catagories to Tags READ THIS!

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Fri Sep 21 14:01:42 GMT 2007

Chuck Adkins wrote:
> Just a word a warning to those thinking of using the "Selectively
> convert categories to tags" feature in Version 2.3 RC 1 If you click
> on import all. it will and ALL of your categories will disappear and
> you WILL NOT, I repeat, NOT BE ABLE to SEE them, NOR edit them with
> the Advanced Tag Entry plug in, been there, done that, tried it,
> didn't work, thank GOD I made a SQL database back up download earlier
> today, otherwise, I'd be quite the ticked off fat man, right about
> now...

Hmmm. I just tried it on my test blog, and had no trouble with the
conversion, running 2.3 bleeding from yesterday (looks like the cat 2
tag importer has not been updated since the 11th, so it should be the
same version in RC1). The tags appear in Adv Tag Entry, and clicking
on the tag cloud gets me to the list of posts. No problem there...

If you are not seeing the tags in Adv Tag Entry, you might try
updating to 1.01, as I found a bug having to do with apostrophes and
posted a new version yesterday.

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon

Poplar ProductivityWare * www.poplarware.com
Web Databases/Scripts * Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software