[wp-testers] What's the point of comment moderation...

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 08:26:32 GMT 2007

Peter Westwood wrote:

> spencerp wrote:
>
>> When it's not moderating anything anyway? I mean, even on 2.3 the
>> comment moderation wasn't working either...
>>
>> I tried comment moderation on both themes, the one I'm using and the
>> default theme and it's still letting comments through, no matter what. I
>> went to Options > Discussion and chose under: Before a comment appears:
>>
>>    * An administrator must always approve the comment
>>
>> It's the only one checked... I even put their IP address in for Comment
>> Moderation, whenever someone on that IP posts a comment, and it STILL
>> lets it go through. They went and tried this on another browser, while
>> not being logged in, as a total stranger.. they got an auth image,
>> filled it out, and was approved too... As far as I know, the only way to
>> keep a moderation going for my stuff...is to ban peoples IPs in the
>> .htaccess file.. and that's pretty lame... I mean seriously though,
>> despite them being approved before or not, if the option to comment
>> moderation is checked, it should moderate comments as expected right?
>>
>> Spencer: when u went in on other browser
>> did you get auth image
>> and fill it out
>>
>> blacksnday: yea
>>
>> Spencer: and was approved anyway?
>>
>> blacksnday: yea it is said:
>> THANK YOU YOUR COMMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED
>>

> Are you using any comment moderation plugins - like SK2 for example?
>
> westi

Thanks for quick reply westi. =) Yeah...I'm using Spam Karma 2 (2.3 rc4)
and Bad Behavior (2.0.10). I have the SK2 plugin, that basically allows
Akismet to work with it as well. Hence for not having have the normal
Akismet plugin enabled... Is there something I need to do with SK2 to
allow WP default moderation to work or am I pretty much screwed either
way? Thanks again for quick reply.. =D