[wp-testers] a script to auto-download

Andy Holtzmann designdroide at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 05:09:44 GMT 2007

 * Script to:
 - download the .zip / tar.gz from a known server directly to the server
where the script is running.
 - extract the .zip / tar.gz archive directly on the server

Basically what I am suggesting is that this be offered as a alt to
downloading lasest.zip and unarchiving then uploading. I found an
example script( i actually took the section above from the example) that
worked flawlessly. it is open source so I do believe we could modify it
to work with WP

Think about it: WP installed in under three minutes.