[wp-testers] SVN ReadMe.txt

Matthew Robinson mattyrobuk at googlemail.com
Wed May 23 16:24:40 GMT 2007

On 23 May 2007, at 16:42, Mark Jaquith wrote:

> One other thing.  You're designating 2.2.19 as the stable tag.  So
> it is tags/2.2.19/readme.txt which will be used as the
> authoritative readme.txt for the plugin.  This allows you to update
> trunk/readme.txt with new information for the next version and not
> have that show up on the public page for the plugin.  When you
> release the next version, you just make the tag, then change trunk/
> readme.txt to point to 2.2.20 as the stable tag.

That got it! It may be me but I don't think it's clear in the
documentation that designating a stable tag will divert to an
alternative readme.txt, I had though (maybe wrongly) that the trunk
readme was the only file parsed for the plugins information.

Basically, I've fixed it by removing the stable Tag line from my
trunk/ReadMe.txt!

Cheers,
Matt