[wp-testers] SVN ReadMe.txt

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Wed May 23 15:42:37 GMT 2007

On May 23, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Mark Jaquith wrote:

> On May 22, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Matthew Robinson wrote:
>
>> ReadMe.txt: http://dev.wp-plugins.org/browser/subscribe2/trunk/
>> readme.txt
>
> Your use of mixed case could be the problem.  When I was working on
> the readme.txt parser, it only accepted all-lowercase or all-
> uppercase.  Try changing the file to: readme.txt and see if that
> helps.

One other thing.  You're designating 2.2.19 as the stable tag.  So it
is tags/2.2.19/readme.txt which will be used as the authoritative
readme.txt for the plugin.  This allows you to update trunk/
readme.txt with new information for the next version and not have
that show up on the public page for the plugin.  When you release the
next version, you just make the tag, then change trunk/readme.txt to
point to 2.2.20 as the stable tag.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/