[wp-testers] WordPress 2.2 Erratic Behavior and apache mod_security problems...

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Fri May 18 11:53:26 GMT 2007

> The first seems to be some problems with jQuery and some execution
> time because i get several times the "Unresponsive Script" warning
> from firefox and thanks to FireBug i see that jQuery seems to be the
> real problem, this is kind erratic behavior because occurs every -lets
> say- one of five times i get login in to my wordpress dashboards...
> Here some images about the warning i get and debug info provided
> firebug:
> http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4861/ffunresponsivecx0.jpg
> http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2885/ff2firebugdebuglq8.jpg

That's really odd. Looking at the Index source, jquery and interface (which
is a plugin for JQuery) are both loaded, but I don't see where either one is
used. Prototype is loaded also before both Jquery and interface. I also
don't see the jQuery.noConflict being called (which prevents name collisions
of $).

Since JQuery and Interface are just loading and doing nothing else, I would
say it is a conflict between that and prototype. I have used JQuery with
interface on a lot of sites and never seen it become unresponsive just by

You might want to edit your wp-admin/index.php and add this under the
<script type="text/javascript"> towards the top of the file:

jQuery.noConflict();

And see if that helps corrects this problem. You could just comment out:

 wp_enqueue_script('interface');

But I think it would be better to add the noConflict to see if there is
actually an odd ball problem going on in Jquery/interface or if it is just a
conflict.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net