[wp-testers] WordPress 2.2 Erratic Behavior and apache mod_security problems...

g30rg3_x g30rg3x at gmail.com
Fri May 18 06:14:45 GMT 2007

Well today i finally upgrade to this new WordPress major release...

But in this period of time i see two "bugs" or aparrently seems to be
a defect, i dont know if its call a bug or erratic behavior etc.., but
IMHO this make a little frustrating working with wordpress...

The first seems to be some problems with jQuery and some execution
time because i get several times the "Unresponsive Script" warning
from firefox and thanks to FireBug i see that jQuery seems to be the
real problem, this is kind erratic behavior because occurs every -lets
say- one of five times i get login in to my wordpress dashboards...
Here some images about the warning i get and debug info provided firebug:
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4861/ffunresponsivecx0.jpg
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2885/ff2firebugdebuglq8.jpg

The second aparrently its not related with this realease i see some
people that have the same error on other wordpress realaeses, what
occurs its when you entering the dashboard you get a 406 HTTP Error
when the dashboards fetch the data from:
http://[host]/wp-admin/index-extra.php?jax=incominglinks
http://host]/wp-admin/index-extra.php?jax=devnews
http://host]/wp-admin/index-extra.php?jax=planetnews
The obviously solution its turning off the mod_security filters for
the /wp-admin/ directory via mod_rewrite rules, my question here its
obviously why do we get the 406 error and in the other realeases we
get all normal and just happen with 2.2... why?
I dont really know but the only way to see that this get solution a
real solution its updating mod_security to the latest version
avalible.

Well that all i hope i get some answers for this "erratic behavior", i
hope that im not the only with this problems...

Tested with:
Apache 2.0.54 (Fedora)
PHP 5.0.4
Firefox 2.0.0.3