[wp-testers] Change of behaviour of smilie translations andWP-Grins

wordpress at nazgul.nu wordpress at nazgul.nu
Wed Jan 17 00:52:45 GMT 2007

Hi,

The change to the smiley system was initiated by ticket #1279, because
people wanted to be able to use RDF in their blog without it being
smilified. During this change we also fixed ticket #24444 about smilies not
showing if they were the very first thing in a post/comment.

I tried a lot of different variations but there were always smilies not
transformed that you wanted transformed or smiley-like things that were
transformed when you didn't want them to. The current setting gave me the
least false positives and false negatives of the settings I tried.

In theory the rule I implemented makes something a smiley if it meets 2 of
the following conditions (if you see different behavior, you've found a
bug):
- At the start of a line
- At the end of a line
- Starts with a whitespace