[wp-testers] Is "Write" checking the referrer?

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Tue Jan 16 22:49:48 GMT 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 4:48 PM, Moshu wrote:

> In 2.1 if coming from Manage > Pages by clicking the Write tab it
> takes you
> to the Write Page. In a way it is logical, I have to admit, it's just
> unexpected after the experience with the previous versions.

It's actually not referrer-powered.  If you go to Manage > Pages and
then hover over the "Write" link, you'll note that the URL in your
browser's status bar says wp-admin/page-new.php  So we're changing
the link for "Write" based on the context.  Hopefully people won't be
too thrown... I think it's pretty intuitive.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/

Covered Web Services